Solutions Architect - Security Automation
+Click to open job descriptionVerafin is a cutting-edge software company focused on delivering next generation fraud and money laundering solutions to financial institutions across North America. We have an opening for a Solutions Architect. As a Solutions Architect for the Security Automation team, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies to support monitoring on-prem and cloud based dynamic environments
- Design automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Research, analyze, and formulate recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise
- Project-focused workloads with the ability to deal with the regular whirlwind of Security day-to-day
- Provide guidance of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional)
- Design, implement, configure, and manage solutions via Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation, etc.) within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of systems
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Overall 3-4 years of experience as a Solutions Architect, Security Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Proficiency in flavors of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Intimate knowledge of Cloud security best practices and monitoring of systems and services hosted in the cloud (IaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code (Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and containerization (ECS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area or equivalent work experience
- CISSP, GIAC, AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional, AWS Security Specialist would be considered an asset
This position is open to local (St. John's), as well as Toronto and remote applicants.
Industry and on-the-job training is provided for all roles at Verafin.
Verafin places a high value on building a diverse team, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.